Contemplations while waiting for the riot not to reach me
- Something terrible is happening somewhere in the world, even if everything is quiet and fine where I am.
- There are people laboring to make whatever terrible things are happening more terrible.
- Becoming a member of either group doesn’t happen by default. Taking action doesn’t in and of itself make me helpful or terrible; not taking action doesn’t in and of itself either.
- There are people trying to make the terrible things better.
- I need to decide which of those people I want to be.
- Always rest when I need to.
- Never forget that I need to.
- By myself, I can’t prevent terrible things.
- By myself, I can’t make things terrible happen.
- Darkness doesn’t make anything or worse. It’s how I approach it that matters.
- Light doesn’t make anything better or worse. It’s how I approach it that matters.
- Existence is…
View original post 336 more words